My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

En Archi in o Logos

I grew up in a small town. Therefore, I have an appreciation for the peace and quiet that the stillness in life can afford. Granted, as a typical teenager I was screaming to get out of the sleepy little town. But now as I go back and visit, I recognize that it holds a special place in my heart. It has its own charm that is quirky and endearing, and I enjoy having it as my own little adytum.

On the other hand...Chicago. Wow, what an amazing city. I have a love/hate relationship with the Second City. The winters are cold and depressing and sometimes it is too noisy to hear myself think. However, the summers make up for all that is lost during the snow and slush that takes over the city for far too long. The culture and diversity that flow through these streets are transcendent. Every day I seem to discover something new to explore in this urban jungle.

From small town beginnings to the big city, I consider myself fortunate to have made some wonderful connections with amazing people. Each has taught me a life lesson in their own way. A friend and I had a discussion the other day observing how the more we learn, the more we realize we don't know anything. The seemingly contradictory statement makes perfect sense to me. This blog will be a bit story telling and a bit metacognitive, but mostly a reflection of my path through this journey we call life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica...nice to hear from you. Nothing new going on here really. I got a job in Columbus...I think I forwarded you my updated contact information, but I could be mistaken. I'm going to see Dan and Kyle tomorrow. Kyle is 6 months now...I can't believe it. He said mom a few times, but I wasn't present and they thought they heard dad once...but who knows. Sometimes your brain hears what you want to hear. Reneas mom died a few weeks back so that is a bummer. We are all doing well though and we miss you. Take care, keep writing entries on your blog...but try to sound more like a person...the friend I once knew. You sound like a journalist. I know, you are so smart, but us little people are like...do you really talk like that? Just kidding. Talk to you soon, bye.

8/04/2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home