My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"Keep a diary, and someday it'll keep you" -M. West

I know that I've been MIA lately and haven't been very good at updating my blog. Have you heard of this little thing called "law school'? It keeps me on my toes and out of trouble. Well, for the most part.

I promise to put some quality material up later, but for now...quotes Mae West. I love this woman and her quips. Enjoy!

  • A hard man is good to find.
  • An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.
  • Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for.
  • Give a man a free hand and he'll run it all over you.
  • He's the kind of man a woman would have to marry to get rid of.
  • I only like two kinds of men, domestic and imported.
  • It ain't no sin if you crack a few laws now and then, just so long as you don't break any.
  • It's hard to be funny when you have to be clean.
  • It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
  • Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.
  • Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home...I'm tired.
  • Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.
  • When women go wrong, men go right after them.
  • You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
My personal favorites:
  • When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.
  • I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.
  • I generally avoid temptation, unless I can't resist it.
  • He who hesitates is a damned fool.
  • To err is human, but it feels divine.
And the best of all?
  • When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad...I'm better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice quotes. The graduation is coming! 52 days and counting.

Angel

9/28/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Mae West NYC said...

These MAE WEST quotes are terrific. . . . . . http://MaeWest.blogspot.com - - - http://CourtingMaeWest.blogspot.com

9/29/2006 1:39 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Angel - Thanks! The graduation can't come soon enough...I've certainly had you in my thoughts.

Mae - Thank you! I do enjoy those with a zest for life.

10/01/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger KULA said...

I live by the last one! Ask anyone who knows me :)

10/03/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home