My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Overdrive

A dear friend (who happens to be a State's Attorney) once told me that in the first year of law school, they scare you to death. The second year, they work you to death.

Yesterday at noon, I ran home, ate lunch, did laundry, ran the vacuum and loaded the dishwasher, and was back to school within the hour. I could only fit in an appointment in at 8:30 AM this morning. I'm supposed to be out with friends this weekend (boat cruise, lunch with college roomie from NY, wedding), but all I can think about is when I can fit in some more time for school.

I learned the other day that there is an intelligence test for cats and dogs. To see how smart Fido is, you throw a blanket over him and time how long it takes for him to find his way out from under the covers. There is some chart somewhere that links the length of time to the animal's intelligence.

At 5 AM this morning, my cat burrowed under the blankets, settled in the middle of the bed, and refused to come out.

I think I want to be a cat in my next life.

2 Comments:

Blogger KULA said...

Don't be your cat though, because so help me god, next time she hisses at me I'm going to drop punt her across your apartment when you're not looking. I'm just sayin' :)

10/10/2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

No drop punting allowed!

Bad Dima!

10/16/2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home