My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Baaaaack....

Over the last five years I have finished graduate school to receive my Master's degree, completed my thesis defense, and graduated from law school. Most of that time I was also balancing a job on top of it all. These past few months have been spent studying for and taking the bar exam. Followed by a move the next day to a new home. It has been quite the marathon and I am exhausted. So, yes, I am alive. And breathing a little easier now, thanks to the fact that all of this self-induced craziness is winding down. I promise to catch you up on all that has been going on, but first a little story about the typical dating hilariousness that always seems to follow me around.


There is this guy, let’s call him James Blunt (you’ll see why), that I’ve been hanging out with for a few months. He has been hot and cold, giving me mixed signals, and driving me a little batty. We talked last week about grabbing dinner sometime this week. I texted JB on Monday and asked when would be good for him and I didn’t hear anything back, so I texted him again yesterday to ask if he was still alive. The response I got? “Sorry, hanging with the ex this week. Looks like we are getting serious again.” Whoah, hello left field. Wasn't quite expecting that one. (See? I told you James Blunt was a good nickname.) Anyway, I’m not all that surprised. While I was a little taken aback at the way he handled the situation (via text? really??), it does explain his behavior.


But the best part of this whole story is the response from my brother, Army. I have been complaining to him about my dating situation, and Army has actually been quite useful in helping me figure out the male mind. I texted him JB’s ever-so-subtle message last night, and Army responded: “Obviously, you should stab him.” HAHAHAHA. Thanks, bro. You are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home