My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, IL, United States

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Serenity

All my life's a circle, sunrise and sundown.
The moon rolls through the night time, till the daybreak comes around.
All my life's a circle, but I can't tell you why.
The season's spinning round again, the years keep rolling by.
~H. Chapin

Last year at this time, I was just getting back from my epic Barcelona trip with Kula. The following week, I found myself in Puerto Rico with Tiny Dancer, "studying" for our Civil Law study abroad program (aka enjoying cold beers while sunning on a pristine beach and sneaking into resorts at midnight to swim in the jacuzzis and stargaze). Ohhh, how I loved January 2008.

This January has not been as kind to me. What's keeping me from hiding under my covers and completely disappearing? Kula imbibed me with a night of champagne and Jager, which she probably regrets doing now, haha. Warrior Mama, who is busy studying for the bar exam, surprised me with a lovely card this week and truly made my day.
Artful challenged me to a friendly drinkathon. The Pickled Brits, Maproom and Wanderlust came out for drinks and a silly, impromptu bar-coaster game. I had an amazing brunch with my favorite Wildcats on Saturday morning. I'm wearing some crazy socks that Eddie gave me and everytime I look down at my feet, they make me giggle. The Mermaid took me out for Algerian crepes tonight for a quiet girl's night out.

Thank you, my dear, dear friends for simply being your wonderful selves. I would have lost sanity a long time ago if not for your amazing love and support. While 2009 is showing to be a bit of a challenge so far, I am eternally grateful to have such beautiful company with me. I hope your 2009 is filled with the love, joy and laughter that you have given to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger eddie said...

And thank you for everything you've done for me over the past month, you epitomize what a true friend should be :)

1/13/2009 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home